So you’ve scheduled your massage therapy appointment at our Midvale, Utah office, and are now wondering what’s next. Do I need to wear something special? How will I feel after? Will I be hooked forever?
Luckily your first massage therapy visit will be very low key and comfortable.
Before your massage therapy appointment:
- Wear whatever you want for your massage, although comfortable clothing is recommended if you would like to stay dressed (partially or fully) for your massage.
- Upon your arrival at our Midvale Utah office you’ll be asked to fill out paperwork regarding you’re medical history, any pain or discomfort you’re feeling, or any special instructions for your massage.
- After meeting your massage therapist, Gretchen Cheney, you’ll be directed to our massage therapy room. You are welcome to be any state of dress during your massage- it’s up to you and your comfort levels.
- The massage therapist will leave the room while you undress (if you so desire) and remove any jewelry that may interfere with your massage. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
- Keep in mind that your massage will be most effective when the massage therapist can touch your skin in areas they will massage. Your massage therapist will provide draping services during the massage.
- Lay on the massage table underneath the sheets. Your massage therapist will knock and enter the room when you are ready.
- The massage therapist will use oil or lotion on your skin during the massage to reduce drag on the skin. Please let your massage therapist know if you are allergic to oils or lotions.
- Depending on your health and needs, the massage therapist will massage either the full body (except for private areas) or only specific areas that need attention, such as your back, neck or anywhere you have especially tight muscles.
- Remember to breathe normally during your massage appointment and let your massage therapist know if any area needs extra attention, or if you need more or less pressure.
- Your massage therapist will allow you to slowly get up and dress in privacy.
- Remember that drinking extra water after your massage will aid in your muscle recovery.